What an inspiration to be part of the Art of Effective Evaluation workshop! Longtime member and workshop speaker, Jonathan Buchanan, presented an interactive workshop held on November 18, 2015 on how to use evaluation as an important feedback and improvement tool.
The workshop was Jonathan’s final project to complete the Advanced Communicator Gold program. Congratulations, Jonathan, for achieving your Advanced Communicator Gold!
Ryan and new Vancore member, Virginie, later presented speeches and received their respective evaluations from Connie and Irma, demonstrating some of the skills presented during the workshop.
The workshop highlighted the 10 Behaviours of an Effective Evaluator:
- Show that you care
- Suit your evaluation to the speaker
- Learn the speaker’s objectives
- Listen actively
- Personalize your language
- Give positive reinforcement
- Build a motivational climate
- Evaluate behaviour – not people
- Nourish self-esteem
- Show the speaker how to improve
Watch the Workshop Video.